- 12/02/2018: NagaWorld Profits up by 39% for 2017 and is one of the most profitable in the world! “Tourist visitation to Cambodia was up 12% to 5.6m vistors last year, while arrivals at Phnom Penh International Airport was up 21%”. Invest in The Bridge & The PEAK which are within a short walk away!
- 02/02/2018: Japanese firm unveils plans for World Trade Center in Phnom Penh!
- 18/01/2018: Cambodia plans to build one of the world’s biggest airports. Source: Straits Times
- 10/01/2018: More than a dozen Chinese companies inked deals to purchase about $526 million worth of agricultural products from Cambodian firms.
- 05/01/2018: The Peak Retail Mall Coming Soon. Register for Latest Updates/VVIP Discounts!
- 02/01/2018: Japanese property firm Leopalace21 Corp will build a serviced apartment complex in Phnom Penh costing $15 million to cater to the growing demand from foreign business executives and short-term travellers in one of Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing economies, according to a report in the Japan Times last week.
- 18/12/2017: Grab enters Cambodia, offering hail riding services in its latest expansion in South East Asia.
- 08/12/2017: Peng Houth to invest $60 million in amusement park along National Road 1 as new tourism destination to attract more local and international tourists!
- 06/12/2017: Chinese companies last week pledged some $7 billion in new investment in Cambodia. The new projects would include an expressway from the capital, Phnom Penh, to the coastal port city of Sihanoukville. Also on the table is the construction of another satellite city near Phnom Penh, the construction of a tourism center, and the launch of a new commercial bank.
- 05/12/2017: The PEAK Residential Limited Studio Units from US$200K! High Floor with Good Views. Enquire now to enjoy Attractive Discounts!
2. Booming Tourism
Tourism in Cambodia has hit record high of around 5 million tourists for the first 10 months of 2017, a 10 percent increase in foreign visitors from the same period in 2016 with tourists mainly from Asian countries. Booming Tourism is good for Businesses in Phnom Penh.
3. Increasing Land Prices in Phnom Penh
Land Prices in Cambodia has been increasing since 2010 on the average of 6.6% year to year. This will eventually translate to the Property Prices. Land Prices in Phnom Penh are still relatively attractive compared to neighbouring countries like Vietnam and Bangkok which presents an opportunity for investors looking for Potential Capital Growth.
4. Cambodia to build one of the World’s Biggest Airport
The Cambodian government has approved plans to build one of the world’s largest airports in south-eastern Kandal province. A 2,600ha airport would be the ninth-largest airport in the world. Imagine what will happen to the property prices when the new airport is completed and operational. Source: The Straits Times Singapore
5. Increasing Foreign Direct Investment / China Investors Investing in Cambodia
Cambodia is one of the country set to benefit from China’s One Belt One Road Initiative where it will see massive investments into its infrastructure and aid in its vision to becoming Middle- Income Country by 2030. A recent article from The Straits Times Singapore reported that Chinese investors are flocking to Phnom Penh and snapping up homes for investment. The article mentioned that “Cambodia offers rapid economic growth, a young population and good returns on investment. Another major selling point for Chinese buyers is that Cambodia is a key participant in China’s Belt and Road Initiative, an infrastructure initiative from President Xi Jinping that is harnessing hundreds of billions of dollars in state and private investment to bring South-east Asia, Central Asia, Europe and other regions closer to China.”
6. Many International Brands have already entered Phnom Penh
The influx of International Brands in Phnom Penh have indicated the potential growth of the property market. US-based convenience mart Circle K has also officially launched in Cambodia yesterday (3rd Feb 2018), with three outlets already operating in Phnom Penh and plans to open 40 more by the end of the year. Imagine owning a shop in Phnom Penh City Centre – How likely are you as an investor stands to benefit (in terms of potential capital growth and rental return) with the increasing International Brands in Phnom Penh?